DetailsDate Submitted: April 12, 2017 Country: Mexico
Operation Zamora will take place soon in the city of Zamora, Michoacán. This is the third largest city in Michoacán province, and has approximately 37,000 homes. Our goal is to visit each home in Zamora in the course of one week, offering a tract and gospel of John in either written or audio format, and information for further contact if interested. The final object is to follow up each responsive contact with personal Bible studies, in hopes that these contacts would come to know the Lord and form a church. This project will take place June 11-17, 2017. We would like to have at least 40 Spanish-speaking believers for the door to door work.
Another goal is to have as many English-speaking workers as possible since learning English is a very real desire for most Mexicans. So, we have developed the idea of a Language Fair. Here, at a local park in the evenings, we will have booths, representing different parts of the US and interesting cultural tidbits about that particular region. Attendees will be able to appreciate differences in accents and historical backgrounds, and practice their English. We will distribute invitations and information about the language fair to all the English schools in the area and in our door to door work. Mexican believers will be there to help further communication of the Gospel.
- Pray that peoples’ hearts would be prepared to receive the Word of God when we knock on their doors.
- Pray that as many people as possible would come to Zamora to help with this outreach. The more, the better.
- Pray that the Lord would provide all the material we will need for this outreach.
- Pray that we would find grace before the government, so that we would have permission to set up booths in a public place in the afternoons.
- Pray for spiritual and physical protection for all those who will be participating in this outreach.